Welcome back! We have been delighted to welcome all children back this week. We have been really impressed with the attitudes that they have chosen, and they are following our new routines and systems very well. We are particularly delighted with our new children who have settled into school life brilliantly.
– Thank you for supporting us with our new safety measures that have been put in place relating to Coronavirus. We feel that, on the whole, these are working very well. As we identify things that can work better we are making small changes, and we will communicate this to you. We will try not to bombard you with lots of information, but it is important that everyone understands what is expected. One major change from next week, starting on Monday, is that we will put in place a one-way system around the site. Please only enter through the Chestnut Green entrance and leave through the Vicarage Lane exit. We appreciate that pushchairs cannot be taken up steps, and ask that these are either left on the top playground or other users of the slope are allowed to come down before walking back up. Thank you for your support.
– In order to keep bubbles separated during playtimes, we will try to use the field as much as possible. Please be aware that as the weather deteriorates this may mean that your child gets mud on their shoes and clothing. We will control this as much as possible, but unfortunately it will become inevitable. Children may bring a change of outdoor shoes for breaktimes if they wish, and these should be kept in a bag on their peg.
– We have been instructed by Public Health England that we must not inform parents of suspected symptoms of Coronavirus in school, but only when there is a confirmed case. Although we would want to provide the best level of communication that we can, we must adhere to the directions that we have been given. Thank you for your understanding.
– On Tuesday next week our school will receive a visit from HMI (Ofsted). This is to support the development of their visit format for schools after the Coronavirus lockdown. Please note that this is not a school inspection and will not lead to a published report. The visit will only last for one day.
– We are pleased to have some new additions to our staff team. We would like to welcome Mrs Hick who is working in our Reception class, and Miss Wood who is training to teach in our Year 1 class.
– Unfortunately, the government guidelines clearly state that children are not currently allowed to participate in any visit that includes an overnight stay. We have therefore been left with no alternative than to cancel our residential visit this term.
– Government guidance also prevents us from having assemblies at the moment, as we are not able to bring different bubbles together. Mr Weights is recording collective worship each week and a celebration assembly on Friday, and these will be published on the Youtube channel. Teachers will be watching these with their classes, and please feel free to access them at home if you would like.
– Thank you to everyone who has completed the survey about returning to school. This information is really helpful in shaping our approaches to teaching children now that they are back. We have loved hearing about all the brilliant things that they have been doing whilst we have been away, and it is lovely to hear that so many of them are excited and happy to come back to school. If you have not yet completed the survey, it will remain open until Monday.
Please see message below from North Yorkshire Police;
We have had a concern reported to us of young people forming group chats on snapchat of people that they have befriended on Roblox, leading to verbal conversations with other people that they do not know – please can a message be sent to parents to encourage them to talk to their children about the internet. If parents are unsure on age limits for games and social medias they can find them on www.net-aware.org.uk
The following message is from the Helen O’Grady Drama Group, see the attached flyer for more details;
JOIN US THIS TERM FOR DRAMA FUN! Act in a new play every week…
The Helen O’Grady Drama Academy is running Face to Face classes at: St Mary’s Church Hall, Church Lane, Garforth LS25 1NR on Fridays
If you are not ready to return to face to face classes yet we also have an online class on Thursdays from 5pm – 6pm. Our classes focus on developing Confidence, Emotional Well-Being, Creativity and Social Interaction
1st October – Selby Times taking photo of Reception Class – look out for it in the newspaper!
15th October – Pupil photographs (no photos with siblings this year) by Adventure Photography